I enjoy a good quote as much as the next person. Here are a few of my favorites.
- It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.
- If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail.
- “Success…seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”
- During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball.
- Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.
- Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it.